Vosges Haut-Chocolat’s intriguing chocolate creations are made with the finest ingredients from around the world, sourced by Founder and Chocolatier Katrina Markoff. Three days following her graduation from Vanderbilt University, Katrina moved to Paris to pursue her dream of studying the culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu. Using her palate as her guide, she then embarked on a world tour that began with an apprenticeship in Spain under the direction of Ferran Adrià and continued east through Southeast Asia and Australia. The purple house of Vosges Haut-Chocolat and the concept of Travel the World through Chocolate™ were inspired by her journeys. Katrina’s fusion of indigenous spices, flowers, roots, herbs and liqueurs with premium chocolate creates a sensory experience that nurtures awareness of and appreciation for the world’s diverse cultures.
Why they moved to Shopify PLUS
- High developer costs and more time required to maintain our previous custom site
- No access to customer data, order history or purchase behavior
- Limited functionality including mobile responsiveness, upsell features, and content creation.
- Need to implement a cohesive system with POS capabilities.
Solutions Provided by Shopify Platform & Ecosystem
- Created content blocks that would tell our story and showcase our collections in a beautiful visual way.
- Created data points upon account sign up to collect on purchase intent to better segment our customers as self-purchasers, purchasing for personal reasons or purchasing for corporate reasons.
- Integrated subscription services through Recharge to launch our Membership and Subscription programs driving recurring revenue.
- Integrated Klaviyo as our email service provider making our email campaigns much more efficient, cost effective and highly converting.
- Integrated Smile as our Rewards platform to drive retention.
- Created custom Cart features including the ability to select Ship Date, include a Gift Note and select Corporate or Personal purchase seamlessly integrating with our complex fulfillment system.
Achieved KPI improvements
- Transactions +45% YOY
- Revenue +37% YOY
- Cut annual developer costs in half. No down time, higher speed, handles large volume of traffic without crashing. Super responsive Shopify Plus Specialists that solve any issue quickly. Any larger issue experienced across the Shopify network has been solved before we can even communicate the issue to the full team.
- Shopify Plus Specialists that solve any issue quickly. Any larger issue experienced across the Shopify network has been solved before we can even communicate the issue to the full team.
- Use of Scripts/Flows for custom checkout flexibilities: Leveraged Scripts to allow volume discounts for our corporate guests, prevent Shipping address errors occurring with PO boxes and alcohol shipments.
- Leveraged Scripts to allow volume discounts for our corporate guests, prevent Shipping address errors occurring with PO boxes and alcohol shipments.
Shopify PLUS has not only allowed us to create a visually stunning website, but created a much cleaner, more seamless shopping experience. It has provided a solid foundation to rapidly scale our direct to consumer business in an efficient way while providing a wide range of digital tools and technical support to accelerate our growth.
Katrina Markoff, Founder
Pivofy work ethic, responsiveness, and Shopify expertise stood out. The team worked all hours of the day and never left anything undone or unanswered. I rarely had to follow up; they responded promptly about everything even just to let us know they were working on it and would get back to us. Communication was so clear the entire time. Their Shopify expertise is a huge asset, not only in how the platform works but also making suggestions in how we could take advantage of all the features or suggesting apps that would solve challenges. We felt confident the entire time of their ability to work on the platform and find a solution if there wasn't an obvious one.
Kelly Conroy, E-Commerce Director